HEY! YOU!!!! YEEEES YOU!!! (the person in front of the screen reading this blog)

HEY! YOU!!!! YEEEES YOU!!! (the person in front of the screen reading this)
Welcome to my blog!!! here you'll be entertained, moved,informed and etc etc. actually this blog was created as a literature assignment , one which let me tell you is kind of cool in my opinion, even though I KNOW!! what a weird adolescent I am , anyways I thought I should make it personal and fun!! lots of stories for the ones interested some will think what an awesome blog and some will... not I guess. So enjoy!! here goes...

lunes, 26 de septiembre de 2011

If you only knew mother (extra credit)

Falling asleep has never given me such a hard time. My toes are freezing and someones tongue could stick to my nose as if it were an ice block. I can feel my feet toes getting all messed up inside my rainbow toe sock and my fluffy blanket is starting to itch. If someone would ask me right now to describe a perfect invention that would revolutionize the world it would definitely be a nose warmer and a place were you could ask for some harmful uv rays a la carte to warm us up at nights like this.

I decide I'm going to skip tonight's whining and I head past the corridor, tip toeing so I don't wake up mom, down the double stairs.When I get to the first level of the house I open the door as fast as I can so it doesn't make that scary movie door opening screech. Making a mental note to use my recently acquired driving skills and buy some door oil, I enter the kitchen. The clock on the microwave reads 11:05 p.m. The island in the middle I'm leaning on is cold and I can see myself on the reflection on the windows heading the back yard, pondering what snack fits the night. I edge closer towards the nearest window and look at the night sky, sometimes I can imagine myself as a renowned chef. Looking for inspiration in nature and random daily life moments. I decide the night looks as a hot cup of cocoa and marshmallows.

I heat up two cups of marshmallow filled cocoa , turn off the lights and head back up the stairs. Slowly walking into my mom's room, I really don't have any inhibitions entering here since I know my mom's going to be alone ever since my dad moved out almost two years ago. I find her rolled up into her fancy comforter and one of the huge ponchos I gave her last christmas. She's staring at the TV watching some reality show on E. When she sees me standing there in my two sizes too big pj's, toe socks and hat holding the two hot cocoa cups she smiles our secret smile.

I get into her bed and although there's easily enough room for four people I slide as close to her as possible and entwine my legs with hers. Five minutes later she decides we just have to make it a movie night and that it's my turn to get out and put the movie on. I groan all the way to the dvd even though I know its useless since its always my turn. When it's time to choose the movie I already know the genre suited for lonely cold weathered girl's night. Yeah we are hopeless romantics I admit it, we are addicted.

I feel a cold rush of air hitting me from behind, instantly melting away my comfy remaining bed warmth.I turn to look, mom's opening the little windows at the left of the wall filling the white curtains  with air and making the effect of ghosts flying into the room. I whine " Mom!! stop that ! It's freezing in here" to what she replies" My room, my rules besides you can have as many blankets as you want! I'm sweating already with you straddling me and stealing my heat you big baby". Knowing I would not win this battle I felt my pout melt into a teasing smile knowing she was right. Thinking to myself "Why are moms always right!"

When everything is set I run into the bed and lay still waiting for my spot to warm up. The usual trumpet melody of twentieth century letting me know that the movie is about to start, I remove the blanket covering my face and beg my mom to play with my hair. To which she easily relents since she loves to play with my long black hair, it always makes her remember her black youth hair now turned auburn. 

As soon as the movie starts we make our bets. Romantic comedies although entertaining can be awfully predictable. Common predicitions are" I bet you one trip to the grocery store Bullock falls in love with the young what's his name hottie!!" or " I bet tomorrows breakfast that Cameron gets dumped and meets someone at the summer trip!" And we went on and on like this. We both ended up winning and the bets forfeited because of the tie.

What goes on at our movie night is something like this: Me stuffing myself with water and cocoa making my mom pause the movie repeatedly for bathroom breaks making her laugh at the face ,Eva, ashton, Jennifer or whoever the star, was paused at. Screaming and fighting over who we liked best for the dumpee or player to fall in love with. Me covering my face and blushing at the kissing or whatever hanky panky scenes in the movie there were, and my mom embarrassing me saying" Oh! you won't be thinking that when you grow up my darling" and me thinking "haha if you only knew" (just being honest here Mrs. Kelsey).

By the second movie we are both dozing off. So we vote and decide we should call it a night. As usual it is my turn to put everything away. As I shut off the tv and the dvd I think about how the night started. Whining and complaining about the weather , not appreciating the night it could be. Amazing how an impulse and a great idea changed everything. 

Now when I feel cold weather coming I don't hate the idea of it , in fact I sweetly remember that night we spent with my mom rolled up in the blankets just having a great time and making the best out of our night. Now if anyone asks me what my favorite weather is I shall always reply cold, nose numbing, toe numbing, cocoa filled predictable nights.

1 comentario: